North American Beekeepers Now Have An Effective New
Amitraz Based Weapon Against Varroa Mites!
- Kills up to 99% of mites in one application
- Continuously released in the colony over a six-week period, ensuring healthy and productive hives
- Proven safe and effective for more than 15 years
- Leaves no significant residues in hive products
- Convenient and easy to use
A study conducted by the research arm of the USDA in the spring of 2012 shows that Apivar® was responsible for a 52 - fold drop in mite population compared to an untreated hive. This demonstrates the effectiveness of Apivar's® controlled - release technology.
Apivar® is packaged in vacuum-sealed foil pouches that each contain 10 strips. A single application of two strips per brood chamber is sufficient to treat a hive, so you spend less time and effort treating your bees, and there is less disruption of the bees than with many other treatments.
|Varroa remaining after 6 weeks
of treatment (mite fall during a
3 day observation)
|Apivar® (two strips per brood chamber)
|Positive control (0.77% amitraz grease patty)
An Employee Owned Company
*Free shipping applies to most orders over $100 sent standard ground service within the lower 48 states. Prices are subject to change without notice.