“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh my foes and my friends-
It gives a lovely light”
-Edna St. Vincent Millay
Welcome to the Honey-Wax® division of Mann Lake Ltd.
Candles add a special atmosphere and can be a year around accessory to any room you wish to “warm up”. They are not just for the dining room table any more and they make wonderful gift ideas. Nothing compares to that warm feeling you get when you say you made it yourself. The following information includes tips and instructions to help you create with Candle Flex ® molds, Honey Wax® sheets, tapers and usage of the Wax Crystals.
The equipment that you need include:
- Double boiler or large container for melting the wax
- A wire rack or trivet
- Thermometer (Candy Thermometer works well)
- Wick or ribbon for single sided molds
- Large bobby pins to hold wicking in place
- Spoon, ladle, paring knife
- Freezer paper (to cover work surface)
Melting the wax:
- Read instructions provided.
- Cover work area with freezer paper (wax side up) and use an apron to protect from wax drippings.
- Prepare your molds. Spray with Mold Release to ensure easy removal.
- Have wicking ready and inserted into the mold. Note the “T” pin on the bottom of each mold, insert the wicking using a large eyed darning needle. Most molds are split to make removal of the candle very easy. Your mold comes with rubber bands to hold the seams together. Beeswax at the proper temperature will not leak through. A large bobby pin will hold your wick to the center of the mold.