Our Russian bees are bred by open-air mating a Russian queen with Italian drones. Russian Hybrids are excellent at wintering their hive, have a high honey yield, and can rear massive amounts of brood in short times to closely follow nectar and pollen flow.
The Russian bee is less likely to rob from other hives and are known for protecting their hive fiercely. If you’ve been thinking about adding the Russian honey bee to your colony, this is your sign! Russian honey bees make an excellent addition to any hive.
Strengths of Russian honey bees include:
- Excellent at wintering
- Twice as resistant to varroa and tracheal mites than other honey bees
- Offer a high honey yield
- Can rear massive amounts of brood in short times to closely follow times of nectar and pollen flow
- Constantly maintains several supersedure queen cells for immediate queen replacement if the hive loses its current queen
Package bee orders are prepaid. Orders are subject to a $10 change or cancellation fee after the prepayment has been processed.
By purchasing, you agree to our Bee Policy.
- 10.00 x 9.00 x 14.00 inches
- 5.00 LBS
- 1 3# Package (approx 10,000-12,000 bees)
- Cancellations cannot be made within 14 days of the ship date of live bees.
- Package includes mated queen.