Hopguard® II Properties
- NOW AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA (with applicator's license)!
- Natural, food grade product
- No negative effects on normal hive activity
- Bee, Brood, and Queen tolerance...no negative effects on egg laying.
- No residual in honey.
Hopguard® II Usage
- Hopguard® II should be added to all hives at the rate of 2 insert strips per 10 frames...strips must be hung between frames.
- Hopguard® II can be used throughout the year. For best results, leave strip in the hive for a minimum of 14 days.
Note: If you are ordering medication in advance, please contact us to determine the expiration date of our current inventory.
All Bottled Up After the bottling (and some cleanup) came the time to put labels on our honey. What I did not know before bottling is that in order to sell your honey, it needs to be properly labeled according to federal, state and local specifications.
The Common Varieties of Honey Bees If you’re a new beekeeper or just learning about the world of bees, like me, it might be surprising to discover just how many kinds of honey bees there are.