Carniolans are known for their winter hardiness, rapid spring buildup, and exceptional honey production. They show excellent resistance to tracheal mites and are great comb builders. OHB has several sources for instrumentally inseminated breeder queens. The queens we produce from these breeders are open-mated with all of our stock for genetic diversity and hybrid vigor.
- A good choice for colder climates
- More likely to to forage on cool, wet days than other bees
- Quick to brood up when nectar is available
- Good comb builders
- Excellent Honey producers
- No cage exchange necessary
- Available for pick-up mid April in Wilkes-Barre, PA only. We will contact you to schedule an exact pick-up time once the pick-up date has been established.
Package bee orders are prepaid. Orders are subject to a $10 change or cancellation fee after the prepayment has been processed.