Italian queens from Olivarez Honey Bees provide performance in honey production, gentleness, brood-rearing viability, and overall ability to over-winter healthy and heavy. In addition, OHB has worked with the "Tech Transfer Team," developed by world-renowned entomologist Marla Spivak, since before its official launch in an effort to identify and maintain desirable traits in our current stock. We've infused the "Minnesota Hygienic" and the "VSH" traits into our Italian stock, in an effort to enhance disease and mite resistance or tolerance.
- Gentle and easy to manage (a good "beginner bee")
- Prolific brood producers
- Highly hygienic
- Good comb builders
- Excellent foragers
- Excellent honey producers
- Package contains approximately 3 lbs of bees
- Young, naturally mated queen included in package
- Calm, gentle Italian bees
- No cage exchange necessary
- Available for pick-up early April in Clarkson, KY only. We will contact you to schedule an exact pick-up time once the pick-up date has been established.
Package bee orders are prepaid. Orders are subject to a $10 change or cancellation fee after the prepayment has been processed.