The screened bottom board was originally developed to help control varroa mites, but beekeepers soon realized this particular style of bottom board was also great for adding extra ventilation to the hive and controlling moisture levels when used without the included debris board. Use the debris board periodically during the spring, summer and fall when you're doing your 24-hour mite checks to assess the mite population in your hive. The included removable debris board is also helpful for winterization, when installing a new hive, or requeening your hive, as the debris board helps contain the queen's scent for better acceptance into the colony.
This screened bottom board has a reinforced base for added strength, and is routed to allow you to easily remove the back cleat for use with the 10-Frame Kelley Beetle Trap (Item No. DC-684; sold separately). Also includes a slanted landing board, stapled-in screen, and entrance reducer. Designed for use with 10-frame hive bodies. Comes painted and ready to go.
- Great for controlling the varroa population in your hive or adding ventilation
- Reinforced base for added strength
- Routed to allow you to easily remove the back cleat for use with the 10-Frame Kelley Beetle Trap (Item No. DC-684; sold separately)
- Includes removable debris board, slanted landing board and entrance reducer
- Designed for use with a 10-frame hive body
- Comes painted