Hopguard® II Properties
- NOW AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA (with applicator's license)!
- Naturally derived from hops
- No chemical residues
- Safe during honey flow
- Easy & effective
- Safe on bees—deadly on Varroa mites
- Easy—AND SAFE—to Use
Hopguard® II Usage
- The daytime temperature should be above 50°F (10°C).
- Simply add Hopguard® II to hives at the rate of two strips per 10 frames of bees.
- Strips should be hung between brood frames.
- Refer to the package label for full instructions.
Note: If you are ordering medication in advance, please contact us to determine the expiration date of our current inventory.
All Bottled Up After the bottling (and some cleanup) came the time to put labels on our honey. What I did not know before bottling is that in order to sell your honey, it needs to be properly labeled according to federal, state and local specifications.
The Common Varieties of Honey Bees If you’re a new beekeeper or just learning about the world of bees, like me, it might be surprising to discover just how many kinds of honey bees there are.