Beginning Beekeeping Supplies
Having the right beekeeping tools is crucial for beginners, as it ensures a smooth, enjoyable experience while promoting productivity, personal safety, and happy bees. Mann Lake is dedicated to providing a wide variety of high-quality products to support and enhance your beekeeping journey.
Essential Beekeeping Equipment & Supplies for Beginners
Discover the must-have items for every beginner beekeeper in our list below. Equip yourself for success in your new venture!
- Beekeeping books. Learn all the basics of beekeeping, including honey harvesting techniques.
- Beginner starter kits. Choose from premium, deluxe, and DIY unassembled kits to start your beekeeping journey.
- Suits and jackets. Stay safe while you look after your colony and harvest honey, beeswax, and other bee products with our heavy-duty protective gear.
- Beekeeping gloves. Keep your hands protected while handling bees with our premium cowhide and goatskin gloves.
- Frame perches. Keep your frames secure during inspections with convenient perches that attach to your hives.
- Pollen substitutes. Provide essential vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals for your honey bees.
We also carry other beekeeping supplies, including bee smokers, bucket organizers, sting relief wipes, Bee-Pro® patties, and much more. Keep track of your beehives with our 48-page Field Evaluation Journal.
Getting Started in Beekeeping
Starting a honey beehive for the first time may be stressful and confusing (and exciting!). Mann Lake is here to help you get started and assist you along the way so that you can have a successful beekeeping experience! Reach out to our customer support, request our catalog, and use our blog for helpful information. Enjoy free shipping on most orders above $150. For more inquiries, call 1 (800) 880-7694.
Frequently Asked Questions
Smoker and smoker fuel
Beekeeping suit, gloves, and veil
A hive and accessories (we recommend our Traditional Growing Apiary Kit to get started)
Feeder and liquid feed (check out our Pro Sweet and Pro Feeders!)
Pollen substitute like Ultra Bee or Bee Pro