Package Bee/ Nuc/ Queen Policy, Waiver, & Guarantee
• When you order package bees from Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply online, by phone, via email, in person, or by mail, you agree to the following policies, contract terms, conditions, limitations, and exceptions.
• At Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply, we make every attempt to supply your bees on the scheduled date. The production of package bees, nucs, and queens is dependent upon factors which lie outside our control, including weather patterns. As a result, Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply may need to rearrange scheduled dates or make other accommodations. Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply will provide notification to you via email, phone call, or SMS, if shipments are not on schedule.
• Mann Lake guarantees that your package bees will arrive alive (with the purchase of insurance) and that your package will contain a fertile queen. However, we do not guarantee that you will be able to successfully establish a colony or “hive” with the package. You agree that you will not attempt to hold us responsible for whatever may happen to your package after it is delivered, for the survival or productivity of the hive that you establish from the package. We will not refund any money for package bees that do not survive.
• Mann Lake guarantees a healthy nuc with a fertile queen, eggs, larvae and capped brood, along with several drawn-out frames. We do not guarantee the survival or success of a nuc once it is in your possession. You agree that you will not attempt to hold us responsible for whatever may happen to your nuc after it is in our possession, for the survival or productivity of the hive that you establish from the nuc. We will not refund any money for nucs that do not survive.
• Mann Lake guarantees the queen to arrive alive & in good condition. We guarantee the queen to be fertile and begin laying brood within 14 days of installation (providing the hive accepted the new queen). We will replace one queen free of charge. We do not guarantee a successful introduction or that a queen will be accepted by the hive. Many factors, outside of our control, influence queen introduction success. We will not replace or refund any money for queen bees that have been rejected by your colony.
PACKAGE BEE SHIPMENTS:
Package bees are shipped via USPS. We will contact you once an official ship date has been established and provide USPS tracking number/s once your bees have shipped. Insured shipped package bees are guaranteed to not have more than 1 ½” of dead bees (when spread evenly across the bottom of the package) upon delivery. If you opt out of purchasing insurance, package bees are shipped at your own risk and will not be replaced or refunded if dead/ damaged in transit.
• You agree that you will not refuse your order if it arrives in poor condition. If shipment is refused, a replacement/ refund will not be issued. If shipment arrives with more than the allotted amount of dead bees (more than 1 ½” of dead bees spread evenly across the bottom) or package is damaged, you must contact us within 24 hours of receipt or the guarantee is void.
• For a claim to be filed and to receive a replacement/ refund, Mann Lake must be contacted within 24 hours of delivery. We require a photo of the shipping label and the dead/damaged package showing more than 1 ½” of dead bees on the bottom of the package when spread evenly. A photo is also needed for online claim submission for Mann Lake. Information should be submitted on our website via the Package Bee Help page. Please refer to the special instructions provided through the QR code on our package of bees for additional information.
• We make every effort to ship replacements, if available, on the earliest ship date possible. Any refunds will be issued within 7-10 business days after receipt of all required documentation.
PICKUP OF PACKAGE BEES/ NUCS:
It is normal to see up to 1-1 ½” of dead bees in your package due to the lifespan of worker bees and the timing of entry into the package. For pickups at any of our locations, if the package is not suitable, you may request a replacement at that time. We suggest inspecting your package/ nuc before you leave. If picking up nucs, please bring protective clothing for inspection. Once you leave the property with the package/ nuc, we can no longer be held liable for their condition.
Package Bee Queens
Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply guarantees that you will receive a fertile queen. The queen should begin laying within 14 days of the queen being released from the queen cage into the hive. If there are no signs of eggs on the 14th day, please contact us at 800-880-7694 or email@example.com for a replacement.
Dead or Damaged in Transit:
In the event the queen arrives dead or damaged during transit, please refer to the special instructions provided through the QR code on our package of bees for additional information and contact us within 24 hours. A photo of the dead queen and shipping label are required prior to the shipment of a replacement queen. Information should be submitted on our website via the Package Bee Help page. Mann Lake will cover the cost and shipping fee of one replacement queen per package purchased.
Changes or cancellations cannot be made within 14 days of the estimated ship date. If an order is cancelled or changes need to be made, a $10 change or cancellation fee may apply.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact us at 800-880-7694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORDERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE CUSTOMER HAS AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THIS GUARANTEE.
**There is potential risk of injury from actives involved in beekeeping, and while particular rules, equipment and personal care may reduce the risk, the risk of injury does exist; and YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RICKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for your participation; and, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS MANN LAKE BEE & AG SUPPLY, their officers, other participants, and if applicable, owner and lessors of the premises (“RELEASEES”) used to conduct any event, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED OR OTHERWISE.