North American Beekeepers Now Have an Effective Amitraz-Based Weapon Against Varroa Mites!
- Kills up to 99% of mites in one application
- Continuously released in the colony over a six-week period, ensuring healthy and productive hives
- Proven safe and effective for more than 15 years
- Leaves no significant residues in hive products
- Convenient and easy to use
Apivar Dramatically Cuts Mite Population
A study conducted by the research arm of the USDA in the spring of 2012 shows that Apivar® was responsible for a 52 - fold drop in mite population compared to an untreated hive. This demonstrates the effectiveness of Apivar's® controlled - release technology.
Apivar Strips Save Time and Effort
Apivar® is packaged in vacuum-sealed foil pouches that each contain 10 strips. A single application of two strips per brood chamber is sufficient to treat a hive, so you spend less time and effort treating your bees, and there is less disruption of the bees than with many other treatments.
Varroa remaining after 6
weeks of treatment (mite fall
during a 3 day observation)
Untreated hives 20 446.6 Apivar® (two strips
per brood chamber)
20 8.5 Positive control