Queens are open-air-mated. Purebred Russian honey bees don’t build their colony populations until pollen is available, and they shut down brood rearing when pollen is scarce. This makes Russian bees suitable for areas where the main honey and pollen flows occur later in the year. They are more resistant to Varroa mites, as are the worker bees.
Russian Bee Traits
These make Russian honey bees outstanding:
- More resistant to Varroa
- Highly resistant to tracheal mites
- These honey bees rear their brood during times of pollen availability.
- Low likelihood of robbing
- Available for pickup in Clarkson, Kentucky, or shipping via UPS Next Day Air or USPS Priority Mail. Shipping dates are subject to weather conditions. We will contact you if a change in date is required.
The Russian worker bees exhibit similar traits.
There are resources you can use to increase your understanding of Russian bees.
- Learn how to install your new queen.
- More information is available on our YouTube channel.
Queen orders are prepaid. Orders are subject to a $5 change or cancellation fee after the prepayment has been processed.
If ordering multiple breeds, please call (800) 880-7694 to place your order and receive quantity break pricing. Queen orders for pickup in Clarkson, Kentucky, will be available after 1:00 p.m. (CST).
- 0.25 LBS
- If ordering multiple breeds, please call (800) 880-7694 to place your order and receive quantity break pricing.
- QUEEN ORDERS FOR PICK UP IN CLARKSON, KY LOCATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 1 PM CST