Our Italian honey bee package offers around 3 lbs of bees along with a laying, open-air mated Italian queen bee.
The Italian Bee Advantage
Italian honey bees bring distinct qualities to the table, making a significant contribution to any hive. They are recognized for the following:
- High productivity and honey production
- Extremely prolific with a strong focus on brood-raising
- Among the gentlest and most docile bee subspecies
- Efficient in comb building
- Quick to enter supers
- Excellent foragers
- Lower swarm tendencies than other bee subspecies
- Strong cleaning behavior
All of these traits make Italian bees particularly suitable for areas with a consistent nectar flow and favorable summer weather.
See our installation instructions to guide you in settling your Italian honey bees smoothly into their new hive.
Order and Shipping Details
Our Italian bee packages are available while supplies last. Shipping is included in the price. For USPS shipping, packages will require pickup at your local post office.
We’ll contact you with a shipment date and provide tracking information once the bees are shipped. Cancellations are not accepted within 14 days of the bees’ estimated ship date.
Orders are prepaid and subject to a $10 change or cancellation fee once the prepayment has been processed.
By purchasing, you’re agreeing to our Bee Policy.
- 3.00 LBS
- Shipped packages will ship via USPS Priority Mail & will be held at local Post Office for pickup.
- An unmarked queen will be included in live bee packages.