- High productivity and honey creation
- Very prolific; focuses on raising brood
- One of the gentlest and most docile of the bee subspecies
- Readily builds comb
- Readily enters supers
- Wonderful foragers
- Less tendency to swarm than other subspecies
- Strong cleaning behaviors
- Great for areas with continuous nectar flow and favorable weather throughout the summer
- Queens do not ship free and ship either UPS Next Day Air or USPS Priority Mail. Shipping dates are subject to weather conditions. We will contact you if a change in date is required.
Queen orders are prepaid. Orders are subject to a $5 change or cancellation fee after the prepayment has been processed.
All Bottled Up After the bottling (and some cleanup) came the time to put labels on our honey. What I did not know before bottling is that in order to sell your honey, it needs to be properly labeled according to federal, state and local specifications.
The Common Varieties of Honey Bees If you’re a new beekeeper or just learning about the world of bees, like me, it might be surprising to discover just how many kinds of honey bees there are.