The first 3-in-1 Varroa monitoring tool!
Varroa EasyCheck is a practical tool for easy Varroa infestation monitoring on adult bees.
Alcohol wash or sugar roll. These methods are now available in the same tool. It's up to you to choose the method that suits you best!
- Alcohol wash consists of immersing a sample of bees into alcohol and then gently shaking the EasyCheck to detach the phoretic mites so they can be counted
- Advantages: Fast and easy, it is recognized as the most accurate, reliable, and economical option for beekeepers
- Alcohol Method video
Icing Sugar Roll
- With this method, the bees are rolled with powdered sugar, causing the mites to separate from the bees
- The EasyCheck is then gently shaken, causing the sugar and the mites to pass through the white basket's holes
- Advantages: Inexpensive and keep the sample of bees alive
- Sugar Roll Method video
- There are two lines on the white basket of the Varroa EasyCheck
- Lower line corresponds to about 200 bees and the upper line corresponds to 300 bees
- We advise you to take 300 bees to obtain the most accurate results possible
- In the case of weaker colonies, you can reduce this number to 200 bees
- You will obtain your infestation percentage by dividing the number of varroa found by 2 (if 200 bees) or 3 (if 300 bees)
Example: If you find 5 varroa mites with 300 bees, you have an infestation percentage of 5/3 = 1.66%
Number of mites = % Varroa infestation
3 for 300 bees
2 for 200 bees
(adjust according to sample size)
- Designed for effectiveness: The filter basket is the key to EasyCheck’s reliability
- Quick and easy to use 3 easy steps
- Easily transportable and built to last
- Tight-fitting lid is leak-free and comfortable to use
- Two molded guidelines allow for samples of 200 or 300 bees
- Designed for effectiveness: Fallen mites pass through holes in the base and sides of the basket
- Transparent bowl allows accurate counting and reliable sampling
Depending on location and the time of year, alert thresholds range from > 1% to 5%. Check with your local association to determine thresholds in your area.
- 5.50 x 5.00 x 4.00 inches
- 0.33 LBS