Keep your bee colonies healthy by using Apiguard for Varroa mite treatment.
Apiguard is an organic, slow-releasing thymol miticide. It is a natural Varroa treatment that is easy to use and widely used by beekeepers to protect their colonies.
Apiguard treatment is designed to control Varroa mite populations in a colony. It’s an effective treatment against Varroa mites, tracheal mites, and chalkbrood.
The Apiguard gel comes in aluminum trays that are ready to install in your colony for immediate Varroa mite treatment. The gel is slowly released over a fourteen-day period.
How to Use
- Place the Apiguard tray at the top of the frame, centered over your bee colony.
- Replace the tray after ten days if it’s close to empty.
- Leave the second tray in place for up to four weeks for complete treatment for Varroa.
Note: This product is not approved for use during a honey flow. This treatment should be used after a honey harvest. See instructions and packaging for more details.
- Efficacy between 85 percent and 95 percent
- Use in temperatures between 60°F and 100°F.
- Use two - 50 g treatments per hive with an interval of fourteen days in the summer months just after the honey flow.
- Natural treatment
- Do not use during honey flow.
If this product is picked up at our Woodland, CA location, or shipped to an address in the state of California, a copy of your Operators Identification Number must be on file. You may obtain an Operators Identification Number by calling your county department of agriculture and submit a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not have your Operator’s Identification Number on file, we will contact you prior to shipping your order. Your order will be held until your number is on file.
- 7.90 inches
- 8.00 LBS
- This product can only be shipped within the United States.