This highly visual guide will teach you beekeeping basics to help your colony survive and thrive. Not only will you learn the history of beekeeping, but how a hive works, and what to do during specific seasons, and you'll also gain expert insights and knowledge about these essentials:
- Pros and cons of different types of hives
- Harvesting honey, wax , and other hive products
- Inspecting your hives and maintaining a queenright colony
- Protecting your bees from adverse weather, invasive pests and plants, and other threats
- Managing local resources and keeping your bees healthy
- Troubleshooting techniques for common and difficult problems
Soft cover, 190 pages.