Once you remove natural beeswax from your honey bees’ hive, you’ll need to purify it. Do this by melting the beeswax and picking out large pieces of extraneous matter. You’ll then strain the melted beeswax and pour it into a mold so it can harden into blocks.
Efficient Wax Melter
This wax melter is an economical and easy way to melt your wax in 30–90 minutes. The kit includes an attached valve for easy removal of wax. We recommend using a Polyester Strainer Cloth or another semi-heat-resistant filter to filter your beeswax, which we sell separately.
DO NOT exceed the warm setting on the control when melting wax or this will cause discoloration. The flashpoint is 400° F (204.4° C). DO NOT HEAT WAX TO 400° F (204.4° C).
- Set the dial to warm; do not use higher settings.
- Place the desired amount of wax in the melting pot, not exceeding the wall height of the pot
- Allow the wax to melt slowly; do not leave the Wax Melter unattended during operation.
- Melt time may take 30–90 minutes depending on volume and wax properties.
- The lid may be placed on the Wax Melter to speed up the melting process. Remove the lid after the wax has melted.
- A thermometer (not included) may be used to monitor the temperature of your melted wax. Beeswax will discolor at 185° F (85°C). Different types of wax will discolor at different temperatures.
- If the wax is cooled in the valve, it will cause a blockage. To remove the blockage from an empty pot, turn the dial to warm with the valve open and place a container to catch the wax as it empties from the valve.
- 11.10 x 13.10 x 13.20 inches
- 6.60 LBS